Staples & Pfeiffer
The Staples & Pfeiffer product line has a proven track record in quality and reliability since the early 1900’s. Staples & Pfeiffer strainers are used in both military and commercial applications and can be categorized by one of the following three styles: Y-type, Simplex, or Duplex. Their primary function is to strain impurities from water, steam, oils, and chemicals. They are capable of serving many industries but are most commonly utilized in Navy ships, Coast Guard ships, oil refineries, and power plants.
Please call (888) 443-5526 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Staples & Pfeiffer strainers.
Staples & Pfeiffer Y-Type Strainers
– Used for Removing solids in small volumes from liquid, gas, or steam applications
– Can be fitted with a blow off connection to allow cleaning of the screen without removing the cover
– Can operate from 150-2500 psig with temperatures exceeding 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Available materials include Bronze ASTM B61/ASTM C958, Cast Steel ASTM A216, Chrome Moly ASTM A217, and Stainless Steel ASTM A351/A304/A316.
Staples & Pfeiffer Duplex Strainers
– Used in lines that continuously run and do not need to be shut down.
– Consists of a tapered plug design with twin baskets and a diverter handle to switch from one side to the other; the basket that is not in use can be removed and cleaned without interrupting the pipeline flow.
– Can operate to working pressures of 150-300 psig
– Flanges can be supplied in ANSI, DIN, or Navy MIL-F-20042D
– Available materials include Cast Steel ASTM A216, Stainless Steel ASTM A351/A304/A316, and Bronze ASTM B61/ASTMC958
Staples & Pfeiffer Simplex Strainers
– Commonly used to remove damaging debris from liquid flow to protect downstream mechanical equipment such as pumps, compressors, etc.
– Baskets are designed for an open area straining ratio of at least 6:1, which results in lower operating costs to clean the baskets.
– Heavy duty wall thickness offers lower life cycle costs.
– Can be equipped with ANSI, DIN, or NAVY MIL-F 20042D flanges.
– Available materials include Bronze ASTM B61/ASTM C958, Cast Steel ASTM A216, and Stainless Steel ASTM A351/A304/A316.